Properties of paint in construction
Paint stands for a pigmented opaque material that is applied to give elegant and preventive coatings.
Paint appears as oil-based and water-based formulas. It is formed by mixing pigments with suitable thinners or oils to safeguard a surface against weathering effects and also resists corrosion of metals.
Paint comprises of following two components:
- A base of solid matter that facilitates to cover the surface.
- A liquid vehicle, that bears the solid matter and allocates for being distributed on the surface consistently. The vehicle also develops a binder for the solid matter and drives it to comply with the surface.
A standard paint contains the following features :-
- When it is applied to the surface, it should create a thin film with invariable nature.
- There should not any type of cracks on the surface of the paint as soon as the drying is completed.
- The color of the paint should have the capacity to resist the harmful environmental conditions for a prolonged period.