Construction Details of Hempcrete Block
Hempcrete is usually formed with two constituents i.e. lime as binding agent or binder mixed with the core of hemp plant. The core of the hemp plate comprises of high silica content and can be tied with the hydraulic lime. It produces a lightweight cementitious insulating material measuring about a seventh or an eighth of the weight of concrete.
Hemp is mixed with lime to develop panels, bricks, blocks, insulation systems and plasters.
Also read : DETAILS OF REINFORCEMENTS IN COLUMN
Hemp is gaining popularities for its outstanding characteristics, especially from an ecological aspect as well as for its probable contribution to local economics.
Hemp will be useful for building up new houses, ecologically renovate and refurbish current infrastructures, thermally and acoustically isolate buildings, and develop green buildings.
Benefits of Hempcrete Blocks
- Hempcrete blocks contain exceptional heat and sound insulation index.
- It’s weight is very light. It has strong resistance capacity against fire and maintains a superior level of breathability.
- It has also good resistance capacity against mold since it is moisture absorbent (one square meter of hemp wall consumes up to 14 liters of water, that can be discharged into the ground and/or be collected and recycled).
- It is microbe and insect resistant.
- It is carbon synthesizer and deals with pollution by lessening CO2 emissions throughout the construction process and makes sure a healthy house living.
- It is fully recyclable at the end of its life cycle and is completely biodegradable.
- It is cost-effective. With it’s superior insulating property, energy is saved significantly. A hemp based building can cost up to 20% less with regard to those developed with current techniques.
- Thermal bridges are prevented at a floor level.
- It is available with different types of finishing options.
- It is possible to easily attach other elements into the insulation (e.g. lamp, downpipe, shutters).
- Frames and doors are directly set into hempcrete blocks.
- Heavy concrete blue stone thresholds can be directly set on the insulation.