Issues found in various aspect of flyover & bridge construction
- Additional excavated earth is not leveled as well as perfectly dressed at the disposal place.
- Sand filling work is less under floors.
- Compaction of earth is not performed properly under floors.
- Compaction of earth work in filling is not performed according to contract.
- Lead chart necessary for disposition of extra earth is not provided.
- Excavation of foundation is less with that mentioned in drawing.
- Oversize, disassembled and soft aggregate is used.
- More silt content is included with sand.
- Honeycomb occurs in concrete.
- Bulge is found in concrete and concrete is not in plumb.
- The density of PCC is less.
- Overlapping in reinforcement is not arranged properly.
- Reinforcement is found to be uncovered.
- Binding wire having lesser diameter is applied.
- Expansion joint is placed or arranged perfectly.
- Imperfect curing and compaction.
- Timber form work utilized via contract is arranged for steel form work.
- Clear cover to reinforcement is not provided with adherence to drawing.
- Substandard steel sections are applied.
- Priming coat is not provided or substandard quality priming coat is provided on steel works.
- Tack welding is done in spite of continuous welding.
- Extra slag of welding is not eliminated.
- Thickness of sheets provided in rolling shutter is less.
- Poor quality hinges and fitting are used.
- Steel hinges in M.S. frames are not set with cutting slots.
- Flash butt welding is not accomplished in steel windows.
Issues found with bearing failure
- Extreme loads
- Normal fatigue failure
- Reversal load
- Lubricant failure
- Loose Fit
- Tight Fits