Mezzanine Floor Design: Important Features and Types
What is Mezzanine Floor?
- One level of a mezzanine is an intermediate floor constructed between two main floors or a building's floor and ceiling. They are meant to cover a particular area of the building instead of covering the whole space of the floor. Mezzanine floor design is created to optimize unused vertical space, provide extra spaces above and below and make the construction without existing structures.
- Industrial settings, because of their high ceilings, are some of the most common areas where a mezzanine is installed and is typically separated, semi-permanent. Mezzanines are also customized to the needs and specificities of a consumer, manufactured from detailed sketches. Mezzanines are usually made of steel and can be customized for their configuration with a mezzanine floor plan.
Main Components of Mezzanine Floor
Below are the main components of the mezzanine floor and functionality of each component.
- Primary beams: These are the main support of the intersection that runs through the columns.
- Purlins or joists: These ranges between the main beams are the fasteners for the deck.
- Columns: They are built to support the main beams and the load bearing is uniformly distributed over the columns that carry the mezzanine.
- Decking: The 38mm particle board is the most popular alternative, but OSB, grating, durbar, concrete and composite top are the other variants.
Types of mezzanines flooring
Concrete Floor Mezzanine
Concrete mezzanine floors is one of the longest-lasting mezzanine floors. You can take heavy loads, which have made them famous in industrial and high-capacity military applications with permanent mezzanine floor design.
Steel Mezzanine Floor
One of the common decking options in industrial and office buildings is the mezzanine construction of steel floors. Its design ensures solid and protected foot traffic resistance.
Floor Building of Wooden Mezzanines
Wooden mezzanine floors will give the room a stylish look. They offer the building area beauty and comfort, and are a great option for an office or retail area.
Mezzanine Floor Features
Mezzanine floors have key benefits:
- They increase the indoor space.
- You can quickly mount them, which causes minimal business disruption and without hassle.
- Better organizing, enhance performance and productivity of space and, utilizes the available space.
- They can be mounted or fixed according to the requirements.
- They offer excellent lighting and fire safety.
ALSO READ :
Mezzanine floors have been selected to add additional space and dimension to residences, typically used in bedrooms, offices, lounges and more. In modern open-plan homes mezzanine floor construction are particularly popular and— they're a great choice for expanding families and looking for a new way to transform your areas to make a more spacious mezzanine floor in house. with that they have several more features and benefits which make them attractive and space friendly.