Benefits of Wall Slabs
The wall slabs provide the following benefits :-
- Devoid of the columns, here partition walls are applied as structural elements to make structure more cost-effective since the quantities of materials are less.
- Greater headroom is then created from this wall type as space for beams is not essential.
- Good lateral action in both directions can be maintained with core walls.
- Flat soffit of slabs minimize concrete spalling and as a result less maintenance is required.
- As beams are not used, there is no need to reduce the beam strengths.
- Maintenance cost is fewer.
- Wall slabs are ideal for irregular grids and structural shapes
- Provides limits to deflection
- They contain good strength
- Adapts slab openings for service routing
Benefits over other slabs:
Wall Slab vs Ribbed Slab or Waffle Slab
- Wall slabs apply standardized formworks, the easiest method of reinforcement placement, and shuttering and consequently the construction time and effort is reduced significantly.
- As the contractors are well versed with building wall slabs, the technical issues will be fewer.
Wall Slab vs Flat Slab
- Wall slabs adapt more slab openings for installation of services and for floor to floor openings.
- Wall slabs provide least thicknesses which are perfectly fit for large ceiling voids for service installation and routing.
- Because of its hard walls, it has more lateral wind resistance.
- Walls provide superior sound and vibration insulation as compared to the columns.
- Flat slabs require heavy reinforcement, which can raise material cost and congest reinforcement placement.
Wall Slab vs Beam Slab
- Wall slabs provide greater headroom since space for beams is not necessary.
- Wall slabs contain greater lateral wind resistance strength because of its rigid walls.
- It is more cost-effective to utilize partition walls as structural elements.
- Wall slabs apply standardized formworks to minimize construction time and to streamline the construction processes.
- In Beam Slabs, beam strengths are decreased because of penetrations through downstand beams for service installations and the clashes may occur in reinforcement placements.
- Due to the beams in the Beam Slab structure, construction becomes very complicated and lengthy since more reinforcement arrangement design and labor force are required.
Visit our facebook page to get some vital information on civil engineering field. https://www.facebook.com/sketchup3dconstruction