Concrete Finishing Tips and Tricks
Finishing is the last operation of concrete making. Finishing of top surface is essential in road, airport, strip, home floor etc.
The following procedures are used for finishing purpose :-
- Formwork Finish
- Surface Treatment
- Applied finish
- Concrete conforms to the shape of formwork.
- Grooves & lining on formwork plate allow groove & lining on concrete.
- Prefabricated tiles can be formed with any design.
- Domestic floor should be flat, wear resistant and free from cracks.
- Mix should be provided with good proportion and does not contain additional matrix.
- Exposed aggregate finish : Colored pebbles on top layer of wall.
- Bush Hammering : If Electrically controlled brush having teeth is used on concrete, it eliminated top cement layer, uncovers aggregates and produces glossy aggregates.
- Rough cast finish – Mixture of cement, sand, round gravel is utilized on wall.
- Non slippery finish is provided on railway platform and walkway around pool by blending big size sand particles in floor concrete.