Construction Details Lift Elevator For Building
An elevator means a platform, whether open or enclosed, to elevate people or freight to upper floors inside a building. Elevators are the part and parcel of any high commercial or residential building.
With the help of a steel framework, the elevator car is built with a steel framework to retain longevity and strength of the building. A set of steel beams alias crosshead extent the elevator shaft over the car from side to side and retain the pulley for the hoist cable. A steel structure known as sling, expands down the sides of the car from the crosshead to provide support to the floor, or platform.
The sides of a passenger elevator car are normally constructed with steel sheet and are pruned on the inside with elegant paneling. The floor of the car comes as tiled or carpeted. Handrails and other interior trim are constructed with stainless steel for display and abrasion resistance. A suspended ceiling is generally suspended underneath the actual top of the car and comprises of fluorescent lighting over plastic diffuser panels. The elevator controls, alarm buttons, and emergency telephone are provided behind panels in the front of the car, adjacent to the doors.
Steel guide rollers or guide shoes are connected with the top and bottom of the sling structure on every side to go away the guide rails. The guide rails are made of steel and are affixed to the interior walls of the elevator shaft that frees from the top of the building to the bottom. The emergency brake mechanism contains two clamping faces which are pushed together by a wedge to press on the guide rail. The wedge functions by a screw moved by a drum that is stuck on the emergency cable.
Structural Component of Lifts:-
The followings are the major components of a lift elevator.
- Moist way or shaft or lift well
- Machine Room
- Lift lit
Categorization of Lift Elevator :-
- Drum Type- Rope wounds around a drum
- Traction Type- Pulley/Breaks/Motor
ALSO READ :
Types of Lift
The following types of lifts are generally found :-
- Passenger lifts
- Hospital or Bed Lifts
- Goods or Freight lift
- Service lifts or Dumb waiter
- The elevator cars are constructed at the elevator manufacturer's plant with standard metal cutting, welding, and forming systems. While the construction is going on, if the cars are uncovered to the weather, the interior trim is set up once the building is completed.
- The remaining part of the elevator is compiled on the building site. The building design combines the elevator shaft from the starting, and the shaft expands while the building is constructed. The walls of the shaft belong to poured concrete, and other factors like the shaft straightness and other dimensions are also taken into consideration while constructing each floor.
- Guide rails, switch ramps, service ladders, and equivalent support equipment are screwed into the shaft once the shaft walls are finished, but ahead of the shaft is roofed.
- When the shaft is still open at the top, a crane lifts the counterweight to the top of the building and gets it down into the shaft along its rails.
- The crane then raises the elevator car and put it partially into the shaft. The guide wheels attach the car to the guide rails, and the car is lowered to the bottom of the shaft with proper care.
- The shaft is then roofed over, providing a machine room over the shaft. The hoist motor, governor, controller, and other equipment are affixed in this room, with the motor placed directly over the elevator car pulley.
- The elevator and governor cables are tied and affixed, the electrical connections are completed, and the controller are programmed.